Tuesday, July 20

the most celebrated are the rehabilitated


GeoTagged, [N42.03768, E71.62133]

You know, blog. I'm actually quite happy without you, thankyouverymuch. Superficially happy, at the least. There is a high that comes from saying to myself "that thing would be delicious!" and then eating said thing, or just relaxing when I get home from work. A sad high, I suppose. But it's where I've arrived.

I might have sooner forgotten this place existed entirely, but I keep getting these emails from people wondering where I am, how I am, and the such. And it makes me feel terrible! It makes it really hard to not care about this when you all keep pestering me about it. Stop it!

And then I think of coming back, of facing my failed attempt. Oh, the shame! In my head I say to myself that if everyone tried and succeeded first time around, there wouldn't be any weight loss blogs at all. But it still feels crappy to do really well, and then bottom out, but that's just how I roll. But I can't let a lack of an action plan dictate that I do nothing at all. I guess I just need to try again. I can do that, right? And if I fail for the 8,584th time, I suppose it's nothing unexpected.

Being away has kind of felt like a tv dramedy when you're in-between seasons. Stuff happened, none of it that important. I guess we pick up for a season 2 where we left off, if people still feel like tuning in.

9 comments:

Big Clyde said...

Yeah...you never stopped, Twon. Every great story, every great movie shows the hero facing setbacks, challenges and self-doubt. You are just one of those heroes, like the rest of us, in Act II. Victory comes in Act III. Press play and get back in gear. We want to keep following your story.

Missa said...

Hiya!
Yeah, we are a guilt tripping bunch, but its cause we love ya, we support ya, and we KNOW we need that swift kick in the ass to keep on truckin, even when we have setbacks..
CAUSE WE ALL HAVE THEM!
Glad to see you here!
Cheers,
Missa
LosingEthel

Lynda with a Y said...

I was wondering where you were, and how you were. One day at a time and wipe the slate clean. Push the restart button and begin again today.

Twon said...

Thanks guys! I appreciate your thoughts.

NewGilmoreGirl said...

Yay! Good to have you back. :-) I'll be tuning in.

Chrissie said...

Check out my blog for a surprise!

Missed ya!

D... said...

I just discovered your blog and finished up here. I read all your posts, you've done really well. I guess taking it one day at a time works for me, that said I gained my 3rd month in so... Just wanted to say hello and thanks for an interesting read :-)

CactusFreek said...

It doesn't matter how many times you fall. What matters is that y ou get up again.
Looking forward to reading you again :o)

Losing 100 said...

C'mon....