Monday, May 24

Big Energy Kick-Start Challenge


WEEK 3

And we're closing in on the home stretch. I did, in fact, exercise 5 times this week past putting me at 14 out of 20 days exercised. 


I was telling Megan yesterday that I'm glad the wii fit tricked me into doing 20 days vs 15, as if I were only doing the 15, 20 would have seem like such a huge amount! However it really only amount to an extra day or so a week. I'm enjoying being able to move around easier, and having more energy, and my clothes fitting better. Also my skin seems clearer, I dunno if it's the diet or the sweating out toxins, or both. But it's cool.

Don't get me wrong, there are days I want nothing to do with it. And days I plan to exercise and then just don't. But starting is always the hardest part (of practically anything) and now that routine is forming it's less "OMG I have to exercise! Nevar!!" and more "ugh, just do it and get it over with". Not the "love" others share for the exercising, but if it weren't for this challenge I absolutely would have exercised -0- days this month. So there's love for that.

How goes your pledges for this challenge? Feel free to comment below or link your blogs and let me know!

There won't be post next monday, but next wednesday June 2nd. That's the last day of the 30 day challenge folks! :)

8 comments:

Big Clyde said...

I already had a challenge going from my wife, but I am definitely doing more now, than I've done in the past. My thanks to you and our friends who are setting a nice pace!

Keep it up, Twon.

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

You're so right: starting is the hardest part of just about anything, but I always, always, always feel better after a workout. I exercise six days a week and now I don't feel quite right until I've gotten my sweat on.

Keep up the great work!

CactusFreek said...

Go you! Wii Fit is awesome huh?! Wii Sport is cool too. The boxing on it is great!
I'm too fat for the board so i can only do a couple of things with the Wii :o/
Starting IS the hardest part of exercise. Even after a two day rest. Yet we know with every fibre of our being that we will feel awesome afterwards. Funny little mental quirk that really bites!

anne h said...

I don't feel better till I get my sweat on, just like Jack. But then I want to shower it all off!
See ya in a week! "Less" of ya!

Twon said...

@clyde thanks to you guys for listening to me complain about it :)

@Jack I do feel noticably better on the days I exercise. Lighter, more awake.

@cactusfreak yeah, when I used wii fit, i would have to sit on a chair and just put my legs on the board to trick it to let me play lol *lame*! especially since i read it can support up to like 600lbs physically. whatev. when i get down to 325 i'll give it another shot.

@anne I always shower immediately after exercise. I exericise at home and i'm usually doused in sweat and its gross :)

fatty blogsticks said...

i feel the same about exercise, especially if it's indoors. my heart screams NEVAAAAAR and the couch turns into quicksand. but these days, especially since committing to working out on wii every single freakin day (24 days straight so far and counting), i can't go to sleep without doing time. i feel too guilty! that's why i clock up most of my minutes just before midnight!

big_mummy said...

just found you via tricia, and thought i would jump right in and say hey!! is the 30 day challenge the EA acive thing?? i really wanna do that again, but (arghh i hate buts) I am going on holiday for 2 weeks in 10 days time, and so i need to put it off, ugh.

Lynda with a Y said...

I gave you an award. Check out my blog to see it.