Wednesday, April 28

we never are what we intend, or invent

So this past weekend I was terrible! I did that thing I only do maybe 4 or 5 times a year, and got rocked off my ass drunk. And then I ate like 3/4 of a large dominos pizza at 1am. I didn't plan on drinking hard alcohol, it was bought for me as to throw off my poker skillz! (Long story)

Usually eating and drinking water are my preventative measures to avoid hangovers, but I think I gave myself a carb hangover lol Then Sunday was the "I feel like crap and screwed up yesterday so I might as well enjoy my screwup and make it a weekend!" and went for chinese on Sunday. It's a horrible voice, the "you're already going to have to recover so you might as well make the most of being bad" mentality. So now I live with that, I just got back into Ketosis yesterday and I just leveled out from before the weekend. I'll be lucky if I lose a lb this week.

*slaps forhead* I should've had a V8.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

We all screw up sometimes. I'm proud of you for getting right back on track!

Tricia said...

But dude...V-8 has carbs!

Oh alcohol, the smasher of all things diet. You're back on track already, so it's okay. Lesson learned :)

Twon said...

@Sharon Thanks! i only lose my sanity for short but consequential moments of time!

@tricia maybe there's a low carb V8 made from broccoli and spinach! (eww.) Alcohol never fails to make me fail :) i was -trying- to avoid it so early in the diet...

Al (losingharry) said...

i want to hear the poker story...

Police Girl said...

LOL! I get food hangovers as well!
The day after a binge, I go for a hike & then the sauna to sweat it all out!!
Then I can restart my diet.

Twon said...

@Al it's not an exciting story, just irrelavent :) well, i went to my coworkers house for a BBQ and her BF and his friends are all terrible players! i'm used to player with "poker players", with whom i usually go out in the middle of games (like 3rd out of 6 or so). So when i played with just "people playing poker", I made one of the guys so mad being new and kept winning that he ran to the liquor store at like 9pm to buy me a bottle of vodka, knowing my love of it. what he didnt know however is that i wont do shots alone and i can handle my liquor. i still won afterwards when we were all trashed (except the pregnant girl). and then it was 1am and i was trashed and hungry and spent some of my winnings on pizza. tragic ending lol

Tricia said...

Haha, that guy sounds like a hilarious jerk! What a sore loser!

Big Clyde said...

Tough fall, Twon, but it happens to all of us. Get back on plan and you'll feel better.

Twon said...

@tricia ha, no he was cool. I mean he bought me alcohol. That's always a plus in my book ;)

@clyde it was only discouraging that weight can come on so much faster than it comes off! Forever diligent I must be...

Chrissie said...

*hugs* How many of us have screwed up before??? *raises hand* Yeah me...we all do. Good job on getting back on track.